[AT] first electronically controlled three point hitch was another training and educational system

James Peck jamesgpeck at hotmail.com
Sat Aug 31 12:55:56 PDT 2019

I did take a course in Fluid Mechanics and Dynamics back when I was a university student. That course was common to both the Civil and Mechanical Engineering curriculums. I had to learn to read and draw hydraulic circuits from another source.

I did perform control support at one job on a hydraulic press made in India using Rexroth hydraulic components. Most of the valves for larger flows were poppet valves that were shifted by spool valves. I may have saved a pdf of the hydraulics circuits. I did not find the hydraulic sequence of operation to be at all straight forward.

[Dennis Johnson] James, Degree in Mechanical Engineering helps, and 40 some years designing and building oil field equipment forced me to practice reading both, Sometimes I was designing the schematics for the equipment. We had hydraulic systems that were basically controlled by a fancy program on PC’s using CanBus control loop and feedback from various sensors.
I am not I to details of programming PLC loops, etc, but I have not been forced to learn the details of it. I also do not get I to the details of PC’s circuits-not interested in learning that since I do not see a need to use it.
The key to most control schematics is understanding the concept what inputs are used and how they relate to the desired outputs.