[AT] [External] Re: Ford 8N (and a few others) 3 point booster

Greg Hass ghass at m3isp.com
Thu Aug 29 11:11:10 PDT 2019

My uncle had one of those 3 pt. loaders. I was quite young but I
remember being at his place the day they delivered it mounted on his
tractor. It does not look like a standard loader (google 3 pt. manure
loader for 8n ford tractor and I think you will find pictures, one place
listed it as a Dearborn loader). My uncle bought it new, but as I
remember he only used it a couple of times, once at his place and once
at my dads gravel pit; we had a small pit back by our woods for our own
use. I don't remember how much it lifted but the two problems with it
were the trouble mounting it and the biggest drawback was trying to do
everything in reverse looking behind you. I last saw it about 10 years
ago behind the old shed but my cousin who took over the farm does not
value old iron like I do and took it to the scrape yard when he tore
down the building.
       Greg Hass