[AT] Agricultural Equipment Diagnostic Technicians

Al Jones farmallsupera1 at gmail.com
Sun Aug 25 10:43:47 PDT 2019

Starting my 23rd year in education.  It seems that a lot of people have a
real disdain for four year degrees, a lot of that seems to be political but
I won't go down that road.  While I think this is wrong, the mindset is
slowly, very slowly shifting away from the notion that a four year degree
is a requirement to be successful, which I think is good. The most
important thing a person preparing for life after high school needs to
consider is what their goals and interests are and go from there.  With the
costs of four year schools now, you have to have a plan and it has to be
realistic, and it has to have several back-ups if Plan A, B, or C doesn't
work out.  A psychology or similar degree just doesn't pencil out for most
people.

All the statistics I have seen in forever point to increased demands for
skilled tradespeople. There are and will be some real opportunities for
young people if that is their interest.

I was fortunate in that I knew what I wanted to do.  If it was 1992 again,
and if I didn't know what I wanted to do, I'd go into the military and let
the government pay for my education once I had a plan together.

Al