[AT] Kubota BX1500

James Peck jamesgpeck at hotmail.com
Sat Aug 24 20:21:28 PDT 2019

Can you determine what fuel injection pump your neighbor’s Kubota has?

[toma at risingnet.net<mailto:toma at risingnet.net>] On the Ford IDI forums it is well known that the Stanadyne DB 2  injection pump is getting worn out when hard starting is encountered when hot. Apparently the case expands increasing the tolerance and sufficient pressure cannot be achieved. The test for this is to pour cold water on the pump. If it starts, it is time to consider a new pump head and plunger. I think this is the case with most of the rotary pumps.
[ Mike M ] Question for you diesel guys out there. My neighbor has a Kubota BX1500, (Garden tractor size) I don't know the year, but it starts and runs fine. However if he shuts it off, it won't start until it sits for 30 minutes, then it fires up and runs just fine. Any thoughts?