[AT] 12000 tractors

James Peck jamesgpeck at hotmail.com
Sat Aug 3 09:10:17 PDT 2019

It may depend on the model(s) Zimbabwe bought.

https://www.deere.com/en/our-company/about-john-deere/worldwide-locations/

[Cecil Bearden] It would be great if this would mean some US production, but it probably will come from their French factory or the one in Spain...

[James Peck] The 12000 tractors mentioned were likely seized when the government of Zimbabwe expropriated the privately owned farms. I am guessing that a lot of them are 70's and 80's models. We used to see TV footage of farmers looking in all directions as they walked near their Deeres.

https://www.agequipmentintelligence.com/articles/3128-deere-inks-50m-deal-with-zimbabwe-for-farm-tractors?