[AT] first electronically controlled three point hitch was another training and educational system

James Peck jamesgpeck at hotmail.com
Sat Aug 31 08:11:26 PDT 2019

Congratulations, were you self taught?

I wonder what tractor was the first to use electronics to control the 3 point hitch?

[Dennis Johnson]  I am a Swede that can read both electrical and hydraulic schematics. Most new hydraulic systems have electrical controls.

[ James Peck] Three years ago I was present in a Detroit workplace when a group of Swedes installed hot stamping cells made by AP&T of Gothenburg Sweden. This had German made Siemens controls and hydraulic components. The main piece of equipment was a hydraulic press.

Step 1 was for a local contractor to pour the foundations and pits. The equipment was prefabricated and bolted together. Electrical cables had multipin connectors.

One Swede could actually read both electrical schematics and hydraulic schematics. My experience is that this is a rare skill combination among Americans.  The man had completed his 7 years of compulsory education at age 14. He then had attended a three year training program in the electrical field. After that he had a short break and then attended a 2 year hydraulic program elsewhere in Sweden. I do not know what credential he received from each program or if there were other options for each program.

At one point I was diagnosing a bad hydraulic pump on another line and borrowed a pressure gauge adaptor from him.