[AT] Antonio Carraros on Jaxkass Hill was A new one

James Peck jamesgpeck at hotmail.com
Fri Aug 16 19:21:01 PDT 2019

I wonder if the Antonio Carraros would outperform the JD420 with trailing disc on Jackass Hill. The tread angle on the rubber tread may offer more resistance to sliding laterally down the hill that the straight steel cleats. The trailing disc seemed to have more resistance to lateral sliding when the concave side was pointing downhill.

[Bradford] I talked with my friend again about the Antonio Carraros. They purchased two. $140K so whoever it was that guessed 150 wasn't that far off. For use in the hilliest of their vineyards near Calistoga, CA. Apparently barely passable if wet. The one thing she did say after driving one is that it's pretty cramped. Tough for a fat old guy like me. Guess they wouldn't go for a couple of 40C or the like.

[ James Peck] Later sixties I saw the Hocking River straightened and channelized around Athens, Ohio. They used cable operated pan scrapers pulled by steel tracked Caterpillars. Cat did not design the rubber treaded Challengers for construction work.