[AT] Farmall Cub Hydraulic Leak

Greg Hass ghass at m3isp.com
Wed Apr 24 19:55:33 PDT 2019

Welcome from Bad Axe, Michigan. I  also have a Farmall  Cub with the
same setup. I have been around many tractors with that type of tubing (
Super C and the offset Farmalls) and I have never seen one with tubing
trouble although obviously it happens. I can't tell from the picture,
but it appears the top line has had corrosion for some reason although
it may just be the picture. Over the years I have brazed many hydraulic
tubes and had good luck. As for getting it off the reservoir, the old
rule applies as in get a bigger hammer. Seriously though, after the
three bolts are out nothing else holds it on except as you said the
gasket and maybe glue. You could try brazing first but before I would
try splicing or adding more connections, I would make a couple of phone
calls and look into a set of used ones. There are a lot of used Cub
parts out there and I don't think these lines are hot sellers. I looked
up JP Tractor Salvage and they have them but I didn't see a price so I
think you would have to call. If it were me, I think before I even tried
brazing, I would first look into used just to know what my options were.
Good luck.
      Greg Hass