[AT] tire brand

James Peck jamesgpeck at hotmail.com
Fri Apr 19 18:06:53 PDT 2019

The Firestone site has page heading for tires and tracks but I couldn’t get to any page discussing tracks. Is this a hint Firestone will be introducing a line of tracks

https://commercial.firestone.com/en-us/ag-tire-selector?page=1&keywords=trac

https://commercial.firestone.com/en-ca/agriculture/why-firestone-ag/research-and-innovation

Firestone has specialized equipment for tire testing.

Next question is when the 23 degree tread designed transitioned to radial.

Firestone has test results showing the 23 degree tread has better traction in field work.

https://www.farmprogress.com/tread-tread-demonstration-shows-benefit-tires-23-degree-bar-angle

[Todd Markle]The oldest IH tractors I've seen original factory photos of with Firestone 23 degree tread was the 706, 806 series.

I have never seen any photos of the previous series with them on. So if they were available in the mid to late 50’s, they must have been more expensive or not as popular.

[ Indiana Robinson ]I can't pin down the date but we acquired my 1947 Farmall Cub in the late 1960's and it was wearing a "very weathered" pair of Firestone Field & Road (23 degree) tires on the back of it. It now wears a pair of turf tires and has for many years.
I was thinking that I started seeing the F&R's about the mid to late 1950's. That memory may be a bit slushy.  :-)

[james]I probably saw Firestone ads in Farm Journal or Successful Farming around 1960 for the 23 degree tires.