[AT] High cost of tractor tires

Steve W. swilliams268 at frontier.com
Sun Apr 14 06:25:58 PDT 2019

James Peck wrote:
> Has anyone seen a 4wd tractor on steel
>
> [Steve W.] One way to get a set of tires around here is to visit the
> Amish folks who are looking to buy a tractor. They cannot use rubber
> tires so they will be pulling the tires and rims off. I bought a
> nearly new set for the TE20 a few years back for the price of 200
> bucks and swapping on the steel wheels they already had. The worst
> part of the deal was that I had to drive the tractor back to the farm
> on steel....

  Yes. There are a couple in this area. One is a 3588 and the other is
one of the Ford Countys that used the same sized tires on both ends.

They very rarely are used as field tractors here, mostly for power units
or in the neighbors case to bring loaded wagons down the steep hills on
his farm safer than the horses.

--
Steve W.