[AT] tire tools was brand

magreer67 magreer67 at gmail.com
Wed Apr 10 13:23:27 PDT 2019

The local farm supply store carries many of those small tire tubes with Slime already installed. Sent from my Verizon, Samsung Galaxy smartphone
-------- Original message --------From: Stephen Offiler <soffiler at gmail.com> Date: 4/10/19  2:44 PM  (GMT-05:00) To: Antique Tractor Email Discussion Group <at at lists.antique-tractor.com> Subject: Re: [AT] tire tools was brand I have been installing tubes in any of those small tubeless tires that start giving me trouble.  At this point, I've done three log splitters (mine, plus two more that I sometimes maintain for friends), a wheelbarrow or two, and my snowblower.  Then I put Slime in the tube.  (A side-note on that, if you buy Slime, pay attention because they sell different formulas for tubeless and for tubes.)SOOn Wed, Apr 10, 2019 at 12:48 PM Brian VanDragt <bvandragt at comcast.net> wrote:

I have some small tire questions for somebody.  I have several tubeless lawn tractor and lawn tractor implement tires. that always go flat.  I am assuming the beads leak because sometimes on the tractor it won't leak down if the tire is parked in a certain position, but when the valve stem is behind the spindle, it always goes flat, when it is the hardest position to get to.  So I bought some bead sealer, new stems, and a stem puller from Miller Tire and a small tire changer from Harbor Freight to fix these tires.  My question is how do you use the bead sealer and a mounting lubricant at the same time?  Do you lube the tire, install it, remove the lube, apply the sealer, then inflate?BrianOn April 10, 2019 at 11:56 AM Stephen Offiler <soffiler at gmail.com> wrote:  Absolutely.  I built myself just such a tool and use it everywhere there's a tube being installed, including wheelbarrow and small trailer tires, motorcycle tires, etc.  Mine is based on an old valve core and a piece of bicycle brake cable.SOOn Wed, Apr 10, 2019 at 11:31 AM James Peck < jamesgpeck at hotmail.com> wrote: One key tool was the device to pull the tire tube valve through the hole.   https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=4TbPJvtfY6k   Here is a YouTube of mounting a tire on a rim.   https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=7rCvy6rbAog   [James Peck] What tire tools do you use and can you advise as to where you got them.   [Cecil Bearden] In my case, I mount my own tires and it takes me a day to mount 2 tires with fluid in them because of my disabilities.  However, If I had them mounted, it would be nearly $500, so I think I made a pretty good day's pay.  Due to the difficulty or expense of mounting tires, I will only buy new when replacing tires.   Do it once and forget it....   As I said before, stay away from SPEEDWAY tires...They do not fit.. I spent over $250 in tubes and lost over $200 in alcohol fluid due to these tires...  _______________________________________________  AT mailing list  AT at lists.antique-tractor.com  http://lists.antique-tractor.com/listinfo.cgi/at-antique-tractor.com _______________________________________________ AT mailing list AT at lists.antique-tractor.com http://lists.antique-tractor.com/listinfo.cgi/at-antique-tractor.com