[AT] tire brand

James Peck jamesgpeck at hotmail.com
Tue Apr 9 05:46:29 PDT 2019

Firestone claim they introduced the 23o design in 1950.

https://commercial.firestone.com/en-us/agriculture/solutions/traction/23-degree

[ deanvp] Did a quick search. Firestone advertised better road life and slightly better traction. But 45's were better on side hills. And shed mud better

[ deanvp] I can only offer my limited experience with the two. The 45 degree lug sheds mud better but the 23 degree lug offers slightly better traction

[ Mike M]What's the difference between 45 and 23 degree, other that the obvious?

[John Hall]  OK here is the latest. Getting rims local, about the same price as you can get anywhere on the net by the time I add shipping---plus I need them NOW.

Talked to 2 tire shops. Leaning toward the closest one. I'll have them mount the tires on the new rims. I'll then put them on the tractor and add fluid. Leaning toward a Carlisle--I had no idea they made any thing besides lawn mower tires. These tires will be a 45 deg angle, not 23. Replacing a set of multi-angle Safemark. The other option is tires made by Galaxy.

[ John Hall] Looks like I have to buy 2 rear tires in a hurry. Anybody bought a particular brand the in the last few years that you are happy with? The cheaper the better--got to buy 2 rims as well. Rims made it 47 years and have stress cracks, the tires are 60-70% tread, but at 28 years old they have dry rotted.

.