[AT] Nothing special

James Peck jamesgpeck at hotmail.com
Fri Apr 19 21:32:49 PDT 2019

Looks like they are bringing in big bales to dry inside.

https://www.country-guide.ca/crops/quebec-haymakers-use-homemade-dryer-to-improve-quality/

[John Hall] Good luck with the hay. I think I'm ready to put the corn header on. I was done with corn and baling the last cutting of hay this time last year. Amazing how long the effects of a wet spring last.
[Spencer Yost ]excited. 4th cutting if this front doesn't bring a lot of rain?   Was supposed to get 5-1" today and only got .08".   The clouds have cleared for tonight so as long as tomorrow doesn't bring a lot....

The longer drying time (will need an extra day or two because of the temperatures and diminishing sunlight) will mean I'll have the time to make sure I can bring the Pacer in the 430V into production.

[ Grant Brians] Stephen, I would agree with you wholeheartedly except for two things. Here in California, the ARB required all diesel engines meet pollution specifications or force retirement in both transport sectors and farm and construction machinery for the various districts. This is something I sadly have experience with. Previously this had not been done and it also was not applied to passenger cars or pickup trucks to avoid some of the opposition. Now to operate trucks of over a certain GVW, engines must meet newer standards or the vehicle is not able to be licensed. Stationary engines have the same restrictions.
     Having said this, I know the current situation on my John Deere tractors is that only a JD technician can reprogram the hydraulic controller, which involves reloading code and then adjusting it (automatically currently with their proprietary computer and software.) When we had to replace an injector, same issue. When various of the microprocessors lost their onboard RAM, same thing.
     So, I am not at all sure based on the various articles I have read what was actually agreed to, if anything substantive. Help!
              Grant Brians - Hollister,California farmer