[AT] Now OT, Ralph's videos

Ralph Goff alfg at sasktel.net
Mon Mar 26 19:21:56 PDT 2018

On 3/26/2018 3:05 PM, charlie hill wrote:
> Ralph you mentioned your Mercury videos.  A friend of mine's brother
> in law just paid
> about $25,000 USD for a '49 Mercury that needs some work.  It's one
> like he drove when he
> met his wife.  Just thought you'd like to know that.  You might have
> more value in your
> Mercury cars than you think!  They were surprised to see that it has a
> Holey carb on it that
> is factory original.

Charlie, those 49 to 51 Mercs are the collectible "James Dean" Mercury
models. The 52-54 cars have not acquired such an aura of celebrity and are
more affordable. I've seen nice driver quality restorations in the
$12000 range.  Yes, Holley carbs were standard on those Mercs. Mine has
the one
some refer to as the "towering inferno" Holley two barrel.
I'm looking forward to summer driving the 52. Maybe cruise the same
streets of town where my dad used to drive it in the 1960s.
Just to keep this tractor related, at one of the car shows I took the
Merc to last summer there was a nicely restored WD9 McCormick IH tractor
that belongs
to a local guy. I think it shows up in this video I shot that day. At
about the 43 second mark. https://youtu.be/Jnx2SiLFyq8

Ralph in Sask.

---
http://www.avg.com