[AT] 4020 troubles

Barney Van De Weert bbvande at yahoo.com
Mon Mar 12 17:20:08 PDT 2018

If you run it, do you get bubbles in the radiator? Weep holes should be pretty prominent in the block at the base of the sleeve an inch or so above the bottom of it centered on the sleeve. I'd check everything out before tearing into it- I saw a so called Mechanic take a head off a 4520 because of the same thing and the problem was the oil cooler. I remember the weep holes more on 4010's at 79-80 they may have quit putting them in- Get a leak detector, pre-lubracator and pressurize the oil system and see what happens.
Barney Van De Weert