[AT] cold weather woes

Ralph Goff alfg at sasktel.net
Mon Jan 22 06:17:48 PST 2018

On 1/22/2018 7:18 AM, Stephen Offiler wrote:
> Not sure about Ralph's situation up in Canada, but in the Lower 48, we
> definitely get different gasoline blends summer vs winter:
>
> https://blog.caranddriver.com/the-vapor-rub-summer-versus-winter-gasoline-explained/
Thats an interesting article Stephen. Surprising to see the differences
in state requirements for gas. I have not yet done any research on the
gas we
get here in Canada other than my own experience using summer gas in
winter. I know it used to be considered not unusual to experience
"vapour lock" on the old Ford flathead engines years ago. Yet I drove
mine on a hot day in August to a car show the past two years with no
indication of vapour lock so I guess the newer gas is less volatile than
40 years ago.

Ralph in Sask.

---
http://www.avg.com