[AT] Make repairs or payments

Ralph Goff alfg at sasktel.net
Mon Jan 29 20:29:06 PST 2018

On 1/29/2018 9:39 PM, Jason wrote:
> They don't quite make points like they used to. Electronic is really a good
> way to go.
I really can't complain on the service I get from points and condensors.
I really can't remember when I last put a set of points or condensor
in the Cockshutt tractors. I think I replaced them in the IH Loadstar a
few times in the 34 years I've driven it but its been a while.  The 52 Merc
old flathead is running great on whatever points and condensor were in
there when it was parked in the early 1980s. I did shine them up a bit
to get it started the first time. I remember adjusting the points once
on the Chevy II (six) and might have eventually replaced the points.
On the other hand, I don't think I have spent anything on electronic
ignition repairs on my GM engines in the 81 and 97 engines. So yes,
electronic
has been good to me too.

Ralph in Sask.

---