[AT] Make repairs or payments

Spencer Yost yostsw at atis.net
Sun Jan 28 15:18:13 PST 2018

Sounds like you will be ready for May hay!

I hear you on the electrical gremlins.  I had to recrimp/sand/redo 4-5 connections on the John Deere to keep the voltage drop to the coil acceptable.  I'm still not happy with the generator on the John Deere. It keeps the battery up, but only charges at about 6 1/2 V.   Should be close to 7V.  Since it keeps the battery up, I have moved it to last priority. But I am going to have to tackle that one.

My job after the county was to program network routers. These were special purpose routers that were used to communicate to ground sensors. The ground sensors had  cables  that were buried in the dirt.   No conduit, or nothing. They had to be "tight and right" as the installers used to say.   Wire entry into the connector had to be formed on site, and the connection between male and female had 3 O-rings and a special type of ATV sealant/caulk that didn't completely harden, and they were taped up with a special tape. In the whole time I worked there none of them never went bad. I often thought of using those specialized connectors and cables on tractors I have to rely on.   Then again I remember buying a batch of connectors for an installation, and I think there were $49 a piece back then :-)

Spencer Yost