[AT] 430V update

Spencer Yost yostsw at atis.net
Tue Jan 23 12:35:24 PST 2018

The old timers swear by boiling carbs, using something acidic instead of water if there is rust.   Lemon juice definitely works but requires a rinse boil to get the sugars off of it.  Preferably two rinse boils.   So it's time consuming.

If rust isn't a problem I just dip them in my  NAPA carb dip.   If it is I will dip them per normal(430V carb is in the can now) and then do the boil after getting as much carb dip reside off as I can.

One thing I have noticed by boiling. You know that thin, fine grained scale/sediment that is like concrete in the bottom of the bowl that the dip never really gets out? Boiling will get that.

Spencer Yost