[AT] Tractor shop question

Carl Gogol cgogol at twcny.rr.com
Sat Jan 20 15:59:37 PST 2018

Spencer
I am recalling a few things regarding regulators, but this is truly a case
where I have forgotten more than I remember.  Some types do need to
continually bleed off, mostly in a static, no flow, condition.  You may
specify a zero bleed regulator if you are buying them in quantity.  But many
regulators can't bleed because of the nature of the fluid it is regulating;
toxic, flammable, oxidizer Etc.  There are a lot of tradeoffs in regulator
design including zero flow pressure drift, flow range and pressure
maintenance over a wide flow range.
Did the regulator ever work without bleeding?  Does it leak when there is
flow?  (try listening for that when you are using an impact wrench.)
Carl