[AT] cold weather woes

Henry Miller hank at millerfarm.com
Sat Jan 20 05:45:36 PST 2018

The gas they fill bulk tanks with is different from what you get at the pumps in town. Bulk tanks often are not filled more than every few years so the gas has to last. Gas stations get filled weekly (often every 5 days), and car owners generally full twice a month so they figure if pump gas lasts 2 months that is plenty good. For cars it is, but for small engines it isn't.

Nothing todo with ethanol, except that because ethanol is high octane they can mix lower octane cheap gas in and still get the ratings they need.

--
  Henry Miller
  hank at millerfarm.com