[AT] Ralph

Ralph Goff alfg at sasktel.net
Wed Jan 17 10:16:53 PST 2018

On 1/17/2018 10:46 AM, Dennis Johnson wrote:
> We went out for a short drive to get some lunch. Police today are mainly impeding traffic to prevent stupid drivers from hurting themselves. Part of interstate 69 is closed.  Several overpasses are closed. Over 2/3’s of business are closed.
> I have concluded that in the Houston area:
> -1 C effects area same as Category 1 hurricane
> -2 C effects area same as Category 2 hurricane
> -3 C effects area same as Category 3 hurricane
> -4 C effects area same as Category 4 hurricane
> -5 C effects area same as Category 5 hurricane
Sask. has always been the land of extremes but its getting worse. Only a
day or two ago we had wind chill factors in the -20s making it too
miserable to do much out in the open.
Now today the temp has jumped up to the thawing mark and predicted to go
higher tomorrow. Water dripping off the roofs as snow melts and I was
almost complaining
about the heat as I walked around the yard wearing the same clothes I
wore at -20 below. With a little luck it will melt the ice off the
windshield and allow me to open the
doors on my Blazer that has to sit outside now. Last week's rain did a
lot of  harm.  Fender benders, people falling and breaking bones,
dangerous icy roads to drive on.
A good day to work in  the shop with the South door open.

Ralph in Sask.

---
http://www.avg.com