[AT] Just wondering,,Cylinder numbering

charlie hill charliehill at embarqmail.com
Tue Jan 16 08:31:51 PST 2018

I once had a boat with an OMC stern drive.  It had a 302 Ford engine.
However, for performance reasons the factory had put a 351 cam shaft in
it.  Now here is the weird part.  Apparently the 351 Ford engines for
some reason related to balance do not have the same firing order as
the rest of the Ford engines.  It is more or less reversed as I recall.
If I hadn't read that in a repair manual I would have been in a mess!

Charlie