[AT] Just wondering

Gilbert Schwartz vschwartz1 at comcast.net
Sat Jan 13 08:18:31 PST 2018

At the risk of exhibiting

my ignorance I would like to put before someone on the forum the following questions.

On an inline four stroke engine is the number one cylinder ALWAYS the or the large aircraft V'S.

cylinder nearest the

front of the engine ?

Also is the front of the engine ALWAYS the timing chain, the water pump, radiator, end? (the end opposite the flywheel end)

On any V or flat engine is the number one cylinder the first cylinder on the right bank, ALWAYS?

At this point I won't get into the aircraft round/radial/rotary engines or the large V'S.

I am not working on anything that requires this information. I was just sitting around shooting the bull with my brother

and the question came up. Neither of us had the absolute answer.

Just wondering, Gil