[AT] Cold snap over

Ralph Goff alfg at sasktel.net
Thu Jan 11 18:41:07 PST 2018

On 1/11/2018 6:53 PM, John Hall wrote:
> I know how it is wanting to get in the shop and can't. Dad's had health
> issues lately so I have been spending a lot of time helping him out. By
> then it is so late in the day I don't bother to try to warm the shop up.
> It actually got so cold with this recent cold spell, stuff started
> freezing inside the shop. Building is 35 years old and this is the first
> time I can remember it happening.
>
> We had black ice on the roads Tues morning,
Had to smile when you commented about stuff freezing in the shop.
Happened to glance at the thermometer on the wall this morning in my
workshop
where I play with old cars. I think it was about -2F. So I only spent
maybe a half hour or so before calling it a day. For something that
needs doing
right now I'll fire up the oil furnace but otherwise I just work in
short bursts or else wait for warmer weather. If it ever gets up to
freezing point in
there it will seem like summer I think.

Ralph in Sask.

---