[AT] Haywagon update

Spencer Yost syost at triad.rr.com
Thu Feb 22 21:02:19 PST 2018

Lot of great ideas…

The groove is on top. As you mentioned Cecil, I thought about cutting the groove on the bottom. But of course I  started thinking that about halfway through the job :-)

I will do the other half this way. Did I failed to mention that? This was only the front half. I need to do this again. But I wanted to finish the front half all the way through to completion so I can learn my lessons and do the back half the right way.

Because of the weather component I will weld something to cover it.    - maybe with a with a couple of grease fittings??  I never liked silicone.  In addition, there is a set screw at the end of the outer tube near the middle. That set screw has to have a continuous strong circumference or you'll just simply pull the outer tube away from the inner tube.  So the last four or 5 inches will have to be welded solid.   I like threaded tab idea too.

 As for twist, I am unable to figure out how the twist occurs in the wagon.  While there is some play in the through bolts (those special rounded head bolts Barney mentioned), that gives the running gear some vertical movement, there is also  a set screw. I don't think that inner tube twists -  at least not in the front where the set screw is.  Maybe only the back half of the twist tube twists?  But that twist is part of the reason why I want to be careful not to get that inner tube accidentally  welded to the other tube.

Spencer Yost