[AT] Sawing Wood

Indiana Robinson robinson46176 at gmail.com
Thu Feb 22 17:23:20 PST 2018

I have a couple of them. One which I have used at times has a tip-table and
is staked in place and operated with a long flat belt. I've ran it mostly
with my Allis C and a time or two with my JD-A. The other is made to mount
directly on the front of a tractor and runs with a much shorter belt. It is
a sliding table on rollers. I have not used one since before my 2013 bypass
but now I would and might use one as long as my cardiac guy doesn't have a
cow.
I used to do demos at Conner Prairie Living History Museum sawing slab-wood
but I finally quit doing it due to other people insisting on helping. I
have done a lot of kinds of dangerous work in my life but I insist on
managing any risk. At the museum I always roped our area off but guys kept
on climbing over or under the rope and grabbing the cut wood to stack it.
You wouldn't believe how truly stupid some of those guys are... One I
recall kept tossing the wood over to the other side of the saw by tossing
it over the top of the saw blade, sometimes clearing the blade with his arm
by only a few inches.
Some of them get really touchy about being screamed at...  :-)  :-)  :-)

.

Francis Robinson
aka "farmer"
Central Indiana USA