[AT] Sawing Wood

Ralph Goff alfg at sasktel.net
Wed Feb 21 16:12:52 PST 2018

On 2/21/2018 4:31 PM, Greg Hass wrote:
> The only time I see one now is each fall at a show near me they run a
> sawmill and use a buzz saw to cut all the slabwood. It is mounted on
> front of a 2 cylinder John Deere with a short flat belt. The story is
> that this tractor went from place to place all winter long cutting
> firewood for 30 years before being retired.
>              Greg Hass
Greg, they had a similar practice here in the days before tractors were
common. A single cylinder engine and saw mounted on a trailer, or sleigh
in winter. Traveled around cutting wood at various farms. Eventually
everybody had their own tractors and saws. Neighbours would get together
to help each other cut a big pile of logs in a day.

Ralph in Sask.

---
http://www.avg.com