[AT] 430V update

Indiana Robinson robinson46176 at gmail.com
Sat Sep 30 18:23:28 PDT 2017

On Sat, Sep 30, 2017 at 4:46 PM, Spencer Yost <yostsw at atis.net> wrote:

> The throttle lever will not hold    idle, nor will it hold wide-open. It
> quickly drifts off in both cases.  I had this problem with my John Deere B
> as well. One of these days I'm going to have to learn how to fix that.
>
> Spencer Yost

As a kid I put a half zillion hours on a new Deere 40-C. The throttle lever
on it got to creeping to where you could not run at full throttle unless
you held it down with a tarp strap. Not knowing what else to try my father
handed me a small medicine bottle of salt water with an eye-dropper in it
and had me occasionally drip a tiny amount of it in the crack at the base
of the throttle lever where it pivoted. I don't know what the proper fix is
but that cured that one and it didn't give any more trouble.  (shrug)  :-)

.