[AT] 430V

Spencer Yost yostsw at atis.net
Sun Sep 24 04:57:19 PDT 2017

I forgot to mention Brice Adams picked up a stuck FM at Portland.   It's one of the headless types.  Talk about a tough row to hoe.  At least you and I have heads that could have been a plan B.

Anyways, he has access to liquid nitrogen.   So he is temperature cycling the piston by using the nitrogen and then loading coals from charcoal briquettes coals in the piston. Hasn't worked yet but he wanted to try that before throwing the whole block, piston and rod in a big fire.  Apparently this is a valid approach in the stationary engine world nearly always guaranteed to work.

Just thought I would pass that on...

Spencer Yost