[AT] Batteries — 6 Volt now generators

charlie hill charliehill at embarqmail.com
Wed Sep 20 11:46:06 PDT 2017

Tyler, in the past I have had an issue with batteries only taking
what has been described as a "surface charge".  The charger will
charge them up to full charge and switch off but the first time there
is a load applied to the battery the voltage drops way off and often
won't start the engine a second time.  Sounds like that might be
what you are dealing with.  The way to find out is to charge it up
and load test it.  Autoparts stores have a load meter for that purpose.

This is a few days late.  Hopefully you've already found the solution.

Charlie