[AT] Batteries - 6 Volt

LeRoy lep3 at ptd.net
Sat Sep 16 05:31:27 PDT 2017

All.

I had a few batteries stored in my garage that I have been using for my tractors which are outside under tarps.  I went to charge them in order to start the tractors and 2 of them register check battery on the charger.  This seems to me that the batteries are no good and basically can't be charged.  Unfortunately I didn't have tenders on these.  They are about 4 or 5 years old which seems a little odd both would be bad.

Anyway, wonder what the groups thoughts are with batteries like 1) proper storage, 2) maximum battery life expected, 3) best prices to get replacements,  best places to go to find batteries other than NAPA and 5) will a tender help in this situation?

LeRoy.