[AT] Flat belt vs. pulley width?

Tyler Juranek tylerpolkaman at gmail.com
Thu Sep 14 10:40:53 PDT 2017

Hi Mike and all,
 Since we are on the topic of belt work, I wanted to know the best way
to maintain the tractor's belt pulley.
 A few years ago at the local show, my oliver 88 ran the sawmill for a
short time. The guys who were helping line the belt up said the pulley
was a bit wobley but we could still use it.
 Well, I got the tractor home, and , what we thought was a rear main
seal leaking turned out to be a leak at the pulley. So when I redid
the rearend, I had all new bearings put into the mechanism that drives
the pulley.
 It's been done for about a year or so now. It hasn't done any belt
work, but is there a good way to maintain it so the bearings and
things don't fail again?
 I do engage the pulley every now and then.
 Thanks much.
 Take Care,
 Tyler Juranek
 IA