[AT] 430V

Spencer Yost yostsw at atis.net
Mon Sep 11 20:24:46 PDT 2017

Here are the borescope pictures I promised. The first is the top of the cylinder, the second is the bottom. As you can tell neither show a condition that is ideal; but the cylinder clearly is not a total wreck. In fact the pictures make it look much worse than it is to the naked eye. I highlighted the galvanic corrosion at the bottom of the piston skirt. It's not very visible but is obvious to the naked eye. At the top I highlighted what is fresh metal that showed up after the refrigerant trick and a small "pop" that sounded like a movement to me.

But look at the pics and I will let you be the judge.

PS: I think I have decided that pop was expansion/contraction and the fresh metal is the refrigerant boiling away rust flakes.