[AT] Flat belt vs. pulley width?

Len Rugen rugenl at yahoo.com
Mon Sep 11 06:58:08 PDT 2017

As long as you have clearance on the sides of the pulley.  We had a hammer mill that had a flange inside the pulley.  Our belt was the right width, but if you lined up a little off and the belt wanted to drift off that side, it would probably fray that side of the belt.  The belt had to be crossed and if you "choked" the mill, the belt would drift to one side of the other, we had to have it so that drift was away from the flange.

Len Rugen

rugenl at yahoo.com