[Farmall] obsolete parts

Ivan ivancou at atlanticbb.net
Sat Sep 9 16:46:17 PDT 2017

On 9/9/2017 1:15 PM, John Hall wrote:
> I went to Mcmaster and searched spline bore couplings, they look like
> love-joy couplings with a spine instead of a key. Is that what you need?
> Maybe search the net for spline bore couplings, specifically places that
> deal with sprockets/chains--power transmission.
> You could get that made, but probably won't find a job shop with a
> spline broach and EDM will get a bit pricey.
>
> John Hall

John , the factory part was cheap , I did mention to two of the local
shops that I expected it to cost a lot more for custom made but they
dont have the tooling or expertise . One shop owner offered me the use
of his shop if I could do it but I'm familiar with his toys and he
doesnt have the right machines .Then again maybe I should've taken the
offer.   I've had two local shops that cant even read a blueprint when I
presented one ,they want the orignal part to work from .  These kids
nowdays got me worried , where I used to work before retiring they are
hiring guys who cant read a tape measure . Ivan