[AT] 430V

vschwartz1 at comcast.net vschwartz1 at comcast.net
Tue Sep 5 14:41:07 PDT 2017

Spencer;
I have fought the urge to jump into this fray about as along as I can stand it. So here goes. With all of the things that you have tried and all of the very good ideas that have come from the various members, I feel that your only problem left is simply that the engine will not turn. The various and sundry efforts have been to no avail. I feel that the real problem is that close proximity to TDC and BDC make it near impossible to apply any great pressure to that non-rotating engine. I believe at this point I would try to apply some hydraulic pressure to the number two crank throw. I believe it would be near impossible to apply any appreciable down pressure to the number one throw. I certainly do believe that if you get the right pressure in the right spot, the engine will turn. I am definitely not a fan of hammer blows, at least not formidable hammer blows unless you are in a position of reducing something to junk.
I do believe that you will succeed. This tractor has not had that much lockup time.
Good luck with it.
Gil