[AT] LPG Farmall 400 propane tank leak

Dennis Johnson moscowengnr at outlook.com
Mon Sep 4 20:10:40 PDT 2017

David,

I would be very careful in trying to repair this. First propane tanks are ASME certified vessels, and proper repair requires using an ASME certified repair facility with an "R" stamp.
I understand it physically can be done, but you would be taking risks. First risk is removing all fuel residue. Probably can be done with stream, and then filling with inert gas before cutting and welding.
Much depends on where and what the leak is. Assuming it is a crack, trying to stop it can be tricky. Generally drilling hose past the crack a ways and then welding after that. If it is a pinhole repair might be easier, but the entire area could be getting thin.

Good Luck
Dennis

Sent from my iPad