[AT] 430V

John Hall jtchall at nc.rr.com
Mon Sep 4 16:46:37 PDT 2017

Any way to gently spin the valve that is leaking?  Maybe that would
clean it enough to seal. I'm a fan of pressurized lubricant. With the
oil pan off you can see where the lube is going, and where it is not.
Best part is you can plug your air line in and let it "work" all week
while you are at work, sleeping, etc. Obviously leave the power to the
compressor cut off. Even if your valve leaks a little bit, so what. It
takes a long time to "leak" down a full tank of air. By the way, the
list help me devise a way to pressurize and push diesel fuel into the 10
ft long gear shift cables on my combine. It worked great, just took a
couple days--with that setup I could only use very little pressure though.

How hot will one of those magnetic block heaters get the engine? I
assume you would have to have water in the coolant system.I'm not a fan
of leaving stuff like that unattended, maybe you could try it on the
weekend while you are around the house?

I understand bettter why you are reluctant to pull the engine down.
Hopefully you won't have to.

Hey, this is good stuff--first time in a long time anyone here has tried
resurrecting a tractor. Keep us updated frequently--you got members
coming out the woodwork!

John Hall