[AT] 430V

Dean VP deanvp at att.net
Sun Sep 3 17:13:25 PDT 2017

Farmer,

That has some merit if and only if the piston is not at top dead center. In
fact would be better is it was quite a bit past TDC. Having split a JD 320
Industrial twice in the last couple of years I think I would consider
splitting it and then one could get some real torque on the fly wheel.  Also
get to inspect the clutch, throw out bearing and rear main seal.  Hitting
the starter with a fully charged battery might also be a good idea. Is that
a 6V battery? A 12v tap or two wouldn't hurt the starter at all. Or can the
starter be removed enough so that one can get to the ring gear for some
leverage? As I remember removing the starter is a real PITA.