[AT] 430V

Spencer Yost yostsw at atis.net
Sat Sep 2 20:58:20 PDT 2017

I just checked on the tractor and Nada.  The hoist cylinder is holding, and now that I think about it, I think I did replace the cylinder about eight or 10 years ago. I think the fear I have about the cylinder not holding relates to the old one that I used to have that I have since replaced.

I had not thought about the 4x4 straps, but I had thought about moving the hoist back some. I have limited space to work with, so I ruled that out.  As for weights I may add some tomorrow. I have some weights from the  John Deere B I used to own, and some weights  for my Pacer that are not installed currently.   As for gearing I am using fifth gear. I did only earn a B in or physics so I may be wrong about this; but I believe 5th gear(this tractor does have the 5 speed option) on the wheel is the same thing as first gear in normal engine powered circumstances and would generate the most torque.  I would love some discussion on this. I don't have a lot of confidence in my understanding.

Spencer Yost

Spencer Yost