[AT] now 3pt hitch

Dean VP deanvp at att.net
Tue Oct 31 21:35:01 PDT 2017

Herb,

Here is chain/clevis concept that might  lead you to a solution.  On JD's
800 series hitches the anti-sway chains attach to the drawbar though
clevises that allow the chain to have as much room in the fully upright
position as they do when the draft arms are down but yet provide ant-sway
properties. They do this with a clevis loop that is much higher at the top
than it is at the bottom of the chain travel. So the chain essentially
slides up and down on the clevis to provide more room when the draft arms
are all the way up. But still provides the anti-sway property. They slide up
and down vertically but the horizontal dimension doesn't change. I don't
know how your chains attach to the pivot point but this concept might lead
to a solution for you with a little farmer ingenuity.  See the picture of
the two clevises that are attached to the drawbar and chains.  I'm sure the
concept will be obvious to you.

Dean VP
Snohomish, WA 98290