[AT] 430V update

John Hall jtchall at nc.rr.com
Sun Oct 29 11:32:51 PDT 2017

Haven't seen one like that before, basically its an aerator with tips
that "PLUG" instead of poke holes.Being 3pt I bet you only forget to
lift in the corners once!!  As innocent as that type of equipment looks,
it is actually rough on drive trains if you use too small of a
machine--especially the ones sized for lawn mowers. I'm thinking one
like yours would be nice if it had two independent 3 or 4 ft drums, if
you had a lot of ground to cover. For you flat land fellows it is
entirely likely in these parts for a 6 or 8' wide ground engaging
machine to ride up on the high spots and come completely out of the
ground for most of the width of the machine--unless the machine has
multiple points of independent movement.

There is a dealer near here for Artsway, or something like that. Their
aerators are rather beefy, and wide--and pricey.

I just reseed with my no-till drill. The coulters on it do a good job of
vertical tillage this time of year. Matter of fact if its a bit wet,
they kind of make a mess seeing how hay fields tend to hold moisture
better than grain fields.

I still see some Leinbach machinery on occasion. Used to love to go walk
around their used equipment yard. For those that don't know it must have
been 3-4 acres of refurbished used equipment. They would have anything
from a 4 ft disc harrow to a 30 ft model, all in the same row. Stuff
like Spencer has was actually manufactured by them. I bought my 12 ft
Duham Lehr culti-mulcher from them. Never will forget that day, I was
sick with the flu or something. Picked out the one I wanted and had the
salesman write it up. Got them to deliver on a roll back. Just used it
last week.

John Hall