[AT] Giveaway

Grant Brians sales at heirloom-organic.com
Sun Oct 29 04:54:40 PDT 2017

Celtuce is a member of the Lettuce family, but it has ribs like celery
and a taste that is like a combination of the two. In our fall/winter
climate it produces a beautiful tall head (18-27" high) that looks like
a cross between Romaine Lettuce and Napa Cabbage. The taste is like a
cross between lettuce and celery. In China they use the center only, but
here the whole leaf and stem are eaten. In China, it is always cooked
but here it is used raw too because it tastes so good. In China
traditionally green vegetables are all cooked thanks to traditional
fertilization practices with raw human and animal manure. While that
might now be the exception rather than the rule, the choice to cook
vegetables remains the norm.
             Grant Brians - farmer of vegetables, vegetable seeds,
edible flowers, herbs, nuts and fruit