[AT] 430V confessions

Spencer Yost yostsw at atis.net
Tue Oct 24 21:33:08 PDT 2017

I needed to spray my hayfield and decided this was a job for the 430.  It is a broadcast sprayer instead of a boom sprayer so the extra height the 430V gives an implement would be great.

The sprayer is new to me so I ran some tests with just plain water first.  I was disappointed with the results.  But then it hit me.  I was so excited about using the 430 I unfortunately I neglected one thing:  The  sprayer has an electric pump:  A 12 V electric pump. I refuse to admit how long it took me to realize why it was spraying so terrible.

12V pumps do not do well with 6V systems (-:

Once again the Ford was pressed into service...

Spencer Yost