[AT] 430V mysteries

Dean VP deanvp at att.net
Wed Oct 25 00:20:46 PDT 2017

Ok, It looks like the Pin used for the implement end of the Top Link is slid
through the two holes in the bracket welded to the seat. Now this makes
sense.  The pin isn't overkill, it is just being used for a secondary
function temporarily while the Top Link isn't being used to hook to an
implement.  Good way to avoid losing the pin.  The Picture in the Parts
Catalog for the seat shows this bracket in the center but some of the Parts
Catalog illustrations are notoriously inaccurate.  It may have been offset
on the early tractors and centered on the later tractors.  JD's
illustrations usually only show the last version.  Might want to do a parts
check on the pin part number on JDParts.com.   The pin you have may be a sub
for the original or there is possibly another error in the Illustration.

Dean VP
Snohomish, WA 98290