[AT] 430V mysteries

Cecil Bearden crbearden at copper.net
Sun Oct 22 19:00:55 PDT 2017

Don't forget the pull type plow that had a rope to drop it into the
ground to lift.  There was a spring loaded link that the rope was tied
to and if the Draw pin broke, the rope would pull the spring and release
the rope.   If you did not have a spring loaded latch, you tied a wire
through the seat holes, and then wrapped the wire around the rope a
couple of times to hold it, but it would pull out if the pin broke.   I
tied one off real good on my first time with a Z Moline and 2 bottom 16
inch plow.  The pin was a little worn and we were plowing deeper than
normal.  I lined up with the furrow and dropped the plow.  The pin broke
and when the rope finally broke, the seat catapulted me into the
steering wheel and then the nylon rope hit me in the back of the head
like a rubber band.   From then on, manila ropes were used, and only 2
wraps with a baling wire.  Also, draw pin diameter increased from 5/8in
to 3/4 in!!

Cecil in OKla