[AT] 430V update

Indiana Robinson robinson46176 at gmail.com
Thu Oct 12 05:39:05 PDT 2017

My TO-20 Ferguson used a cork friction disk on the throttle much like the
one they and Ford used on the hydraulic lever. I need to replace the one on
the Ferguson but I won't buy one. I'm going to try using a piece of leather
first and see if it works well. I have several kinds of leather still on
hand from my shoe repair shop days. My cork disk is not compressed, it's
gone.  :-)
You do realize that you will have to replace your disks again in about 50
years...
Many years ago my father and I bought several of those friction throttle
levers from TSC when were building up our Farmall Super M and Super MTA
adding several after market "improvements". We didn't like those throttle
levers at all and took them off and hung them in the shop and put the
original notched throttles back on them. We later used one of them to
control the feed gate on a broadcast seeder. It didn't push back like the
Farmall governors did. To be fair they were after market high performance
governors and may have had more push-back than stock. Those governors were
a major improvement.

Virus-free.
<#DAB4FAD8-2DD7-40BB-A1B8-4E2AA1F9FDF2>