[AT] 430V update

Carl Gogol cgogol at twcny.rr.com
Tue Oct 3 14:12:24 PDT 2017

Spencer
Here is something else you might try-  Have an Allis Chalmers 914H garden
tractor that has a friction type throttle lever. About a year after I bought
(1985) it I was complaining to my neighbor who was the dealer that it was
loose and not staying in position.

He came over to fix it with a can of WD-40 and took the hood off to get to
the friction disks.  Instead of tightening the pack he starts to spray the
WD-40 onto the top of the friction pack. I told him I wanted more friction,
not less, probably with a little excitement in my voice.  He told me in
perhaps kind words to cool my jets.

Counter intuitive, but the throttle held position and worked great for years
afterwards.  Still have to make that repair every 5-10 years though.  Might
work on the 430V.
Carl