[AT] My M Farmall

Mike M meulenms at gmx.com
Sun Nov 26 15:40:22 PST 2017

Years ago, we built a house on 50 acres that was once was a corn field
and cattle pasture. It was full of holes, and ridges, and really quite a
pain to brush hog or walk on for that matter.  I had a friend who
farmed, and told him it was his to use if he could just get it smoothed
out. He farmed about 1500 acres so my little bit was really more of a
favor.  He ran over it for the initial pass with a 24' disc, but wasn't
quite happy with the results, so he plowed it with a  6 bottom plow,
then disced a couple more times, and then finally a cultivator. Overkill
I'm sure for corn, but it sure was smooth.
In between the final discing and the cultivator, he fertilized. I
remember this part particularly well, because he broadcast spread it
with what looked like a converted gravity box pulled by a JD 4430. It
was almost comical because I swear that 4430 was in road gear, and
literally flew across the field.

Mike M